I thought about a lot of you reading this book! you guys know who u are :)
Some of the most powerful of Roth's words on awareness, change, transformation, and bliss are found below:1. "To discover what you really believe, pay attention to the way you act -- and to what you do when things don't go the way you think they should. Pay attention to what you value. Pay attention to how and on what you spend your time. Your money. And pay attention to the way you eat."
2. "The relentless attempts to be thin take you further and further away from what could actually end your suffering: getting back in touch with who you really are. Your true nature. Your essence."
3. "Awareness, not deprivation, informs what you eat. Presence, not shame, changes how you see yourself and what you rely on."
4. "No matter how developed you are in any other area of your life, no matter what you say you believe, no matter how sophisticated or enlightened you think you are, how you eat tells all."
5. "Meditation develops the capacity to question your mind. Without it, you are at the mercy of every thought, every desire, every wave of emotion."
6. "Change happens when you understand what you want to change so deeply that there is no reason to do anything but act in your own best interest."
7. "Freedom from obsession is not about something you do; it's about knowing who you are. It's about recognizing what sustains you and what exhausts you. What you love and what you think you love because you believe you can't have it."
8. "The purpose of a spiritual path or religion is to provide a precise and believable way into what seems unbelievable."
9. "If you pay attention to when you are hungry, what your body wants, what you are eating, when you've had enough, you end the obsession because obsession and awareness cannot coexist."
10. "Real change happens bit by bit. It takes great effort to become effortless at anything. There are no quick fixes."